Pingv has an immediate opening for a Senior Designer-Front-End Developer/Drupal Themer with a proven track record demonstrating mastery of user interface design, front-end development, and Drupal theming. We are looking for that smart, self-directed person with the right mix of passion for designing beautiful user experiences, writing clean, elegant code, mentoring others, talking to users, and contributing back to the open source community.
This is a virtual/telecommuting position.
At Pingv, we are building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and respect each other. Is this you?
What You'll Do
- Lead front-end development for a variety of client projects.
- Develop design prototypes for client review.
- Design beautiful, usable websites/web apps, drawing from project architecture documents, user stories, wireframes.
- Design in the browser.
- Develop custom Drupal themes that are usable, performant, and elegant in implementation.
- Collaborate with designer and creative director in managing UX documents, such as user profiles, user stories, process flows, wireframes and user experience specifications. Collaborate with development team.
- Participate in daily scrums.
- Meet deadlines. Do what it takes.
- Wow and astonish.
- Participate in project post implementation reviews and contribute to recommendation reports in order to identify successful/unsuccessful project elements.
- Participate in the Drupal community.
- Occasional blogging (once a month or more).
What You Need
- Demonstrable expertise in Drupal 7 theming, including custom templating, (pre)process functions, and working with popular frameworks. Facility with Twig and Drupal 8 theming a plus.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively creating clean, performant, semantic HTML5 prototypes and Drupal themes.
- You love clean markup. Even more, you love seamless usability.
- You have a fabulous attention to detail.
- You devour new developments in front-end development, web apps, online technologies.
- Comfortable with Git, Drush and PHP.
- A demonstrable record of participation in the Drupal community (i.e., your Drupal.org ID shows a history of engagement and participation).
- Experience and comfort with Agile.
- Bachelor's and/or post-graduate degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering – or experience and expertise that demonstrate how that degree wasn't necessary.
- Availability during North American business hours. Collaboration and communication require a degree of synchronous work, so we need some overlap.
- Excellent communication skills. English fluency is a must. Multilingual is a plus.
- You grok open source.